Putting off water damage restoration increases your chances of developing dangerous mold and structural damage. These problems can crop up by surprise or build up over time as you wait to begin repairs. Hiring a professional can take the guess work out of the problem right away. Call a specialist when you notice the following problems.
Unexpected Signs of Hidden Water Leaks and Damage
- Leaking pipes can leave certain rooms in your home unseasonably cold throughout the year.
- Discoloration on walls, ceilings, or floors in one particular area is a tell-tale sign of mystery moisture.
- An increase in your water bill with no clear cause is a sign of a water leak.
- Musty odors often signal water damage and possible mold.
Remember that your home’s structure and air quality can be improved – better than new – by professional restoration services. Choose the company in your area with the most experience handling these kinds of problems. Your insurance company may have preferred providers, but they generally will not stand in the way of you choosing a specialist with your coverage.
When professionals arrive, they will:
- Assess (visible and hidden) water damage.
- Use special pumps and fans to thoroughly dry the area.
- Adequately clean carpets and floors.
- Replace ruined drywall and wood.
- Create a comprehensive water damage restoration plan.
Need help finding qualified water damage restoration service providers? Download our latest report on Fire, Water, and Smoke Damage for home and business.